Who is the Pedorthic Footcare Association?
The Pedorthic Footcare Association (PFA), founded in 1958, is the not-for-profit professional association which represents the interests of the certified and/or licensed pedorthist and supports the pedorthic profession at large. Through PFA's efforts, pedorthics – the management and treatment of conditions of the foot, ankle, and lower extremities requiring fitting, fabricating, and adjusting of pedorthic devices – is a well-established allied health profession which makes an invaluable contribution to public health.
PFA's mission is to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of credentialed providers of lower extremity pedorthic modalities through education; increase the demand for services through marketing; and promote the right to practice through government affairs activities.
Join PFA using one of the following methods:
1) Joining PFA for the first time? Use our ONLINE FORM to gain instant access to these benefits and to begin networking with other professionals today.
2) Alternatively, you may download our electronic PDF FORM and save to your hard drive. From there simply fill in the form, provide your credit card information, save the form and email back to us.
3) You may also print and complete our electronic PDF FORM and provide your credit card information and fax, scan or email back to us.
4) Or if you would prefer to pay by check, please print the same electronic PDF FORM and send it to the PFA National office, along with payment at:
- Pedorthic Footcare Association
PO Box 72184
Albany, GA 31708-2184
NOTE: Internet Explorer and Google Chrome will allow you fill out the form in the browser. Mozilla Firefox will not. Once the PDF file is loaded in browser, save to your computer to access the electronic PDF form. Fill out the form and return via email or print the completed form and return by standard email or fax.
As a member of PFA, you membership benefits include a number of products and services that can assist you in your practice and your business. From preferred access to business services through PFA’s partners; supporting Government Affairs and Legislative Support for our industry; an electronic copy of Modern Coding for Foot and Ankle DMEPOS HCPCS Codes; and even special discounts for PFA Online/On-Demand Course and MORE; based on the membership category you select, you will have a host of opportunities to expand your knowledge and support the pedorthic community.
For a guide to a list of benefits by membership category, [ click here ] for more details.
Membership Services & Categories
Members of PFA are individuals and companies from a variety of disciplines who share and interest in pedorhtics, from practice and treatment through education and research. For details on how the Association serves its members, please review the benefits of membership listed for each member category:
REGULAR COMPANY MEMBERSHIP
(a brick and mortar, main business location) - Provides voting rights. Sole proprietorship, partnerships and corporations which are engaged in the dispensing of prescription, custom or comfort footwear or foot orthotics.
Dues: $385 per year
REGULAR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
– Provides voting rights. Individuals, whether certified in pedorthics or not, who are actively involved in dispensing pedorthic, custom or comfort footwear or foot orthotics are eligible for the Regular Individual Membership.
Dues: $295.00 per year
– No voting rights. Any employee(s) employed by a Regular Company or Vendor/Manufacturer. Member, or, a location that is an additional office or facility of a Regular Company's main business location. Additional facility/location has access to basic PFA services under the umbrella of the Regular Company Member's main business location.
Dues: $195.00 per year
(Includes Medical, Affiliate and former Honorary Members) – No voting rights. Physicians (MD, DPM, DO), residents, interns and medical students;allied health personnel who are interested in, but do not practice pedorthics (such as persons with the following designations: CO, CP, CPO, BOC, PT, RN, OST); retailers not actively engaged in pedorthics (such as shoe retailers and shoe repair professionals); and other individuals interested in PFA's objectives. If certified in pedorthics, but not a physician (MD, DPM, DO), individuals must join under the Regular Individual Member category.
Dues: $210.00 per year
– No voting rights. Individuals who are interested in, or are currently in the process of becoming, certified in pedorthics.
Dues: $75.00 per year
- Voting rights through Vendor/Manufacturer Liaison on PFA's Board of Directors. Suppliers, manufacturers and other firms (such as wholesalers) who provide pedorthic footwear and related products.
Dues: $850.00 per year
- therapeutic shoes (CFts) Member – No voting rights. Individuals, certified as a fitter of therapeutic shoes (CFts), who are actively involved in dispensing non-custom therapeutic shoes and non-custom multi-density inserts. This includes patient assessment, formulation of a treatment plan, implementation of the treatment plan, follow-up and practice management.
Dues: $210.00 per year
FOR MEMBERSHIP OUTSIDE THE USA: Attention Canadian Members: Please contact the PFA Canadian Chapter to renew or join. All other individuals located outside of the United States may join according to your specific Membership Category.
Join the Thousands of Pedorthic Professional Voices and Support our Interests and Future! Become a PFA Member Today!